This collection features resources that are available to entrepreneurs at all stages, many from assets originating at UW-Madison as well as those available within the community.
Resources for All Entrepreneurs
Featured Resource: The Initiative for Studies in Transformational Entrepreneurship (INSITE) launched this interactive directory of UW-Madison and community entrepreneurship resources. Match resources to your stage of development.
- @1403 part of the world-class University Research Park, offers state-of-the-art facilities and can be the home you are looking for to turn big ideas into businesses.
- gBeta – A UW-Madison campus-based offshoot of gener8tor, a renowned startup incubator
- Madworks Accelerator – Provides resources and mentorship to help select early-stage companies succeed
- Madworks Coworking – Fully equipped workspace and social and networking opportunities
- UW-Madison Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic – Provides free legal services to entrepreneurs and early stage companies
- The Business and Entrepreneurship Clinic, in collaboration with the Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic (L&E), the Wisconsin Institutes of Discovery, and WARF, will provide free business advice and services for Wisconsin based entrepreneurs. Under the direction of Michael Williams, MBA students and senior level undergraduates undertake various projects that the businesses require.
- UW–Madison Small Business Development Center provides no-cost consulting, low-cost entrepreneurial education, and strategic facilitation to start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- The Center for Technology Commercialization provides one-on-one assistance and expertise on the commercialization process to early-stage emerging technology businesses throughout Wisconsin.
- Capital Entrepreneurs is dedicated to fostering community among startups in Madison.
- The Madison Entrepreneur Resource, Learning and Innovation Network (MERLIN) is a Madison-based corp of volunteers who have started and managed new ventures. These mentors can help guide emerging entrepreneurs in early stage ventures to boost the potential of business success.
- University Research Park has a variety of flexible lease spaces, within the research and technology park and at their campus @1403 location.
- Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest links up-and-coming entrepreneurs with a statewide network of community resources, expert advice, high-quality education, management talent, and possible sources of capital.
- The WARF Entrepreneurons is a presentation series that brings together thought leaders from across the country, Madison and UW–Madison to exchange perspectives on topics ranging from identifying an opportunity to building a start-up team to financing.
Resources for UW–Madison Entrepreneurs
- gALPHA-CS This new collaboration between WARF and the UW-Madison Computer Scicen deptment is open to UW students, recent grads and Faculty. “gALPHA+CS,” will pull talent and industry experts from across campus, match them with computer science students, help them build products, and ultimately start companies.
- Discovery to Product (D2P): This UW–Madison accelerator aims to support and grow campus participant research projects that are on track to become a company or move toward technology licensure.
- Madworks Coworking@1403: Offers faculty and staff a centrally located co-working space on campus to conduct start-up and entrepreneurial business. Affordable, flexible desk leases, great amenities, co-working and networking opportunities.
- Morgridge Entrepreneurial Bootcamp (MEB) is a one-week intensive training program in technology entrepreneurship for graduate students in the sciences, engineering, and math. MEB is co-sponsored by the Initiative for Studies in Transformational Entrepreneurship (INSITE) and the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurons: OCR is pleased to be a partner in this WARF created series bringing together thought leaders from across the country and our own backyard to exchange perspectives on core topics ranging from identifying an opportunity to building a startup team to financing and beyond.sponsor this series focused on bringing the fundamentals of getting a new venture started.